MicroPython language and implementation¶
MicroPython aims to implement the Python 3.4 standard (with selected features from later versions) with respect to language syntax, and most of the features of MicroPython are identical to those described by the “Language Reference” documentation at docs.python.org.
The MicroPython standard library is described in the corresponding chapter. The MicroPython differences from CPython chapter describes differences between MicroPython and CPython (which mostly concern standard library and types, but also some language-level features).
This chapter describes features and peculiarities of MicroPython implementation and the best practices to use them.
- The MicroPython Interactive Interpreter Mode (aka REPL)
- MicroPython remote control: mpremote
- MicroPython .mpy files
- Writing interrupt handlers
- Maximising MicroPython speed
- MicroPython on microcontrollers
- MicroPython manifest files
- Distribution packages, package management, and deploying applications
- Inline assembler for Thumb2 architectures
- Working with filesystems
- The pyboard.py tool