MicroPython tutorial for ESP8266¶
This tutorial is intended to get you started using MicroPython on the ESP8266 system-on-a-chip. If it is your first time it is recommended to follow the tutorial through in the order below. Otherwise the sections are mostly self contained, so feel free to skip to those that interest you.
The tutorial does not assume that you know Python, but it also does not attempt to explain any of the details of the Python language. Instead it provides you with commands that are ready to run, and hopes that you will gain a bit of Python knowledge along the way. To learn more about Python itself please refer to https://www.python.org.
- 1. Introduction to MicroPython on the ESP8266
- 2. Getting a MicroPython REPL prompt
- 3. The internal filesystem
- 4. Network basics
- 5. Network - TCP sockets
- 6. GPIO Pins
- 7. Pulse Width Modulation
- 8. Analog to Digital Conversion
- 9. Power control
- 10. Controlling 1-wire devices
- 11. Controlling NeoPixels
- 12. Next steps